Montego Bay was gorgeous!!! Our resort was a typical all-inclusive with tons of kids running around, but we made the best of it regardless.
I arrived in Jamaica at around 1pm on Friday and waited patiently with my Harry Potter book for Baby's flight to land at 3:45pm. (Sidebar: Yes, Diana Banana, I FINALLY finished "the" book while I was in MoBay!) Baby had a driver take us to the resort, but by the time we got there after taking FOREVER to get out of the airport, it was already getting dark. Mostly it was because of the overcast that it was getting dark relatively early. Baby and I decided to have dinner then laid on some loungers on the beach talking and listening to the waves. I guess both us were pretty beat from our work weeks, so we decided to head back to the room and turn in by 10pm. WOOHOO partay animals! Hehehe.

Our view from our balcony facing the wedding gazebo and the ocean on Saturday morning
The next morning, we were up and out the door by 8:00am. We had breakfast and sat outside one of the restaurants watching the extremely calm water. We were very fascinated that there were absolutely no waves breaking on the shoreline. It was almost as if we were staring at a never-ending lake versus an ocean. We made our way to these very awesome floating rings that were anchored a bit offshore. These things were amazing. In the center of the floating rings, there was a trampoline-like bed which, when you sat/laid in it, the lining would sink into the water letting enough water in while you floated around staying cool but still getting sun - not that I need any more of a tan, but it was still refreshing for me and perfect for Baby's pale self ;)
These are those floatie rings with the trampoline beds in the center - we laid on the one in the far left. I've been trying to find them on Google, but have had no luck whatsoever

Another floatie ring thing with a woman about to get inside one - what the hell are these things actually called?!?!

Sun-drenched and sweaty after floating in the ring for about an hour
After lunch, we decided to do some kayaking. The resort offered free non-motorized sports such as the kayaking (one- and two-person kayaks), snorkeling, and paddle boats. We took a two-man out to the furthest buoy and realized after looking down into the crystal clear greenish-blue water, we should have grabbed some snorkeling gear and done some exploring while we were out there. Sadly, we decided we were too lazy to paddle all the way back to shore then paddle all the way back out and tie the kayak to the buoy and snorkel. We decided to just chalk the snorkeling to a loss. Once we got back to shore, we grabbed a few pina coladas and walked around the property. We did some over-priced souvenir shopping at the resort gift shop, and even stopped by the resort casino. Yes, there was a casino on the property. Albeit, it was the size of my living room and was strictly electronic slot machines, but we had fun there anyway. We played with $5 in quarters and got up to over $25, but since Baby doesn't know how to cut his losses, we walked out of there with nada. It was entertaining for about 30 minutes regardless.

The paddleboats and kayaks along the beach
We eventually headed back to the room and took a brief nap. It appears Baby and I have had the first vacation in a long time where we were just absolutely lazy. We usually have all kinds of sights to see and places to go, but this time we just hung out at the resort being leisurely. Later that evening after having dinner, we headed to the English Pub located at the resort. This Pub was really neither English nor a Pub, but I suppose since they had pictures of soccer players and horse races, they can call the place whatever they wanted. All they served beer-wise was Red Stripe and Red Stripe Light - what kind of English pub doesn't serve Guinness?!?

Here we are on the watching the sunset and some incoming storms slowly making their way from offshore

No make-up and all shiney...why does he not tell me I look like that before we leave the hotel room? I think I had too many pina coladas

Baby had this "bright" idea to buy the local's very popular Overproof Rum (126-proof - EEKS!) to mix in our frozen drinks ourselves - dangerous!

Yep...too much Overproof Rum. They were setting up the stage for the outdoor nightly performance. I decided to jump up on stage for a picture. Baby convinced me not to start an impromptu karaoke sing-along. He can be such a killjoy sometimes ;)
Baby and I headed back to our room thinking we'd take it easy for a little bit (and come down from our rum high) and then head out for more drinks at one of the resort bars later that evening. It started to rain pretty heavily and Baby fell asleep. I decided not to wake him, pulled some covers over him, got myself ready for bed, and turned in myself.
Sunday morning, we got up early. We packed up our things, had breakfast, checked out and spent our early afternoon at the airport. Baby's Air Jamaica flight back to Kingston left a little after 12pm, and my flight was scheduled for 1:30pm.
It was really nice taking a quick getaway weekend to meet up with Baby. I wish it could've been longer and that we could've enjoyed the city a more. But, what can you do? We both had to get back to reality. Work is so overrated, don't you think?

4 comments:
So glad you had a good time, and I hate you a little too.
Here are the reasons...
1. You travel everywhere.
2. You've got gorgeous skin
which leads me to reason 3
3. You look just as good without makeup as you do with.
Sigh, if only we could all be so lucky!!!
I agree with Single Girl -- your skin is amazing. I'm jealous. And also jealous of all the vacations you take, you lucky, lucky wench! :P
So how did you like "the" book? I'm actually re-reading it now, as I'm sure I missed quite a few details the first time through. It's absolutely AMAZING, I think. :)
You ladies are too kind! I've been blessed with good skin up until recently. I suppose all the alcohol and hitting 30 has caught up with me. Now, I have the driest skin ever with flakey patches. Grrrr! Luckily, the camera doesn't really pick that up :) Do you guys have any moisturizer suggestions? I'm starting to dislike all the joys of getting older... first my boobs, then my ass, now my skin...
OH! I did/do LOVE the last Harry Potter book!!! I'm sure I missed a few things the first go around, too, so I will eventually re-read it. I guess I was confused on one part of it, and should probably email you to discuss it. I will do so later some time today or tomorrow.
Post a Comment