Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Poo!

Baby and I were originally scheduled to visit Pocahontas and J.Smith in Denver next weekend. Unfortunately, the return flights look like caca to go on standby, so the trip has been cancelled. We are so disappointed because we were looking forward to seeing the guys as well as seeing Coors Field for a baseball game. Oh, well... What can you do? However, we still have a possibility of seeing Pocahontas and J.Smith next month in Playa del Carmen - cross your fingers that our flights remain in our favor.

As an alternate trip for next weekend, Baby and I are considering going to Jacksonville, FL. He has friends who live in JAX while my good friend Sparky and his family live a little less than an hour outside of JAX. We've both been trying to coordinate seeing these people for months. If all works out, we could kill two birds with one stone. We can fly in Friday night and spend time with Baby's friend and his wife, and the next day Baby can go fishing with his friend out in the Gulf while I rent a car and drive my happy arse to Southern Georgia to spend the day. I'd come back to JAX by dinnertime though. Good idea, huh? Hmmmm....hopefully, Sparky doesn't already have plans. I emailed him, but have yet to get a response. Baby is checking with his friend's schedule as well.

If all else fails and everyone in Florida has prior commitments, we plan on actually...wait for it...staying home on our free weekend! It would come as a welcome turn of events for Baby who has been traveling so much as well as for me to be able to actually clean and do ALL my laundry not just the necessities as I need them. I starting to wonder if my coworkers are noticing that I dress according to the colors that I wash. I'll go through a week of wearing nothing but lights because that's all the laundry I've accomplished doing, and then next string of days I wear nothing but darks. Soon I'll have to come to work in towels because that's the only load I finished over the weekend...teehee!

On a side note, I am meeting Blondie for dinner tonight. We haven't had a chance to truly catch up over the last few months, so it will be nice to see her. She's been dating this mystery dude for a couple of months that only one of our friends has managed to meet because of all our scheduling conflicts. The only thing I hear about him is that he's a big 'ol beefcake - huge muscles...must be nice ;) We have decided to meet at Zake for sushi after work. I LOVE SUSHI!!!

Lastly, I am on the hunt for some new reading material. Any suggestions? I hear the book Middlesex is good, so I think I may pick the book up after dinner tonight since Bookstop is right next door to where I'll be. I figure reading keeps me out of trouble, and it's cheap! If only books came with a side order of Blue Moon and orange wedges...I'd never leave the house! Diana Banana knows what I'm talking about!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My mom brought me my sister's copy of "Stardust" on Sunday, which I finished Monday evening. Both she and Sarah thought it to be "weird" (which scared me a little -- my family is so strange that anything that is weird to them must truly be freaky-ass-ODD), but I thought it was awesome! The movie came out last weekend, I think.

Rice Spice said...

I'll be sure to put "Stardust" on the reading list. I bought "Middlesex" last night, but was too exhausted to start it. I'm looking forward to starting on it tonight.