So I've decided that Baby has this weird notion that people are more conservative than they truly are. Granted, I know he usually gets all uptight and P.C. around work people - which can be understandable depending on your work environment - but he tends to do that with just about everybody. Which for me, as we all know my nature to be outspoken and forthright, can be a polar opposite of Baby's ways of interacting. I suppose he wanted me to be on my best behavior with his parents, therefore, telling me all these things. What did he think I would do? Show up in leather chaps and no pants, and talk about how Baby and I rarely know what a weekend is like sober?!?!? Jeez... I love shock value, but I usually wait until at least the third time I meet someone ;)
First off, the meeting of the parents went extremely well. The whole "they don't curse, they don't drink" thing was not entirely true. Although they didn't spout off four-letter words like sailors, his parents did enjoy a glass or three of vino. All in all, I didn't feel like such a heathen. I found common ground with his mother that she enjoyed eating every hour just like I did. And I saw exactly in his father where Baby gets the whole rolling of the eyes accompanied by a "why are you always hungry? What's wrong with you?" scenario.
Saturday, I met up with Baby et al at his place before the performance of Wicked so that we could ride together. Let me inform you that the performance was everything the reviews have said about it...it was SPECTACULAR! The sets, the lighting, the acting, the singing, the choreography were phenomenal. I would be willing to see it again...and again...and again. Maybe I will take Doc the next time I visit him in NYC since he has yet to see it.
In addition to a great Saturday of theatre and an extremely tasty dinner at Grotto Ristorante, we decided to take them to the Museum of Natural Science for the Rome exhibit on Sunday afternoon. Coincidentally, the International Festival was going on in the park across the street from the museum, so we walked around there for a bit prior to heading to the museum. Japan was the country they honored this year, and there were performances, tea dances, and food galore. After taking in enough of that, we started off to the museum.
That is when a complete Rice Spice moment happened...squeamish beware that you are being forewarned that this story is not for the queasy...
Once we entered the museum, we realized the ticket line zig-zagged throughout and the wait would be quite a while. I decide to take a quick trip to the restroom. As I was washing my hands to leave said public restroom, a young girl (about high school age) comes running in to throw up in the trash can next to me. In her effort to get sick in the trash can, she back splashes her vomit all on my back, the back of my jeans, and a bit in my hair. Horror washed over me, then a wave of absolute rage. The girl continued to vomit, therefore, I felt it would be a cheap shot to punch her in the back of the head so I refrained with all the energy in my body. A woman was nice enough to use baby wipes to assist me in my cleaning efforts, but the damage was done. I smelled of puke and was not a happy camper. The girl's mother was in there helping her, and made no effort to make eye contact or apologize. Where were these people raised that they couldn't even offer up a simple, "I'm sorry"?!?!?! Huh?!?! Where I ask?!?!? The second she finished getting sick, they simply walked out of the restroom. Bitches!
After regaining my senses, I ran to Baby (because his cell phone was dead...damn him for never charging it!) to inform him and his parents we were leaving. Luckily, I caught them right as they were at the window to purchase the entrance tickets. So there I was in the car, the first weekend meeting Baby's parents, on my knees facing the rear window in the backseat as not to get any of the excrement on Baby's new car seats (he just bought the new Jeep Grand Cherokee last week), windows down to help air out the foul smell as Baby drove me home to get cleaned up. What are the odds?!?! At least his parents will forever remember me and why we didn't get to see the Rome exhibit...ugh! I'm sure that'll be a great story to take back home to their friends in Florida...
Well, I suppose that things couldn't go smoothly the WHOLE time they were here. Even though I think the meeting went well, I could've lived without getting thrown up on! Makes me wonder what I should do for an encore the next time they come out to visit...
Monday, April 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Holy crap! You didn't post for like, 2 weeks, and today I check, and you've posted like eleventy billion times in the past 3 days! :)
So sorry about the vomit ... man, I would have been SPITTING mad! As I am a mother, I have, of course, been puked on, among other things, but that was my child's puke ... not some random stranger, eek! And I can't BELIEVE that she didn't apologize ... what a dirty WHORE!
Puke episode aside, sounds like "meet the parents" went fairly well. And they'll have a funny story to tell their friends back home about the visit/meeting ... heh.
Glad to hear that the meeting went well! I don't give a damn if the bitch was puking...I would have kicked her right in the head. Then I would slapped her momma in the mouth for not saying anything. (Sorry, I'm a bit hostile today.)
I've heard that Wicked is good. I would really like to see it.
Had Baby's parents not been there, I probably would've thrown Miss Pukerella through a wall. Oh, well... at least I realized in my older (and wiser..hehe) age that I am capable of exercising some restraint.
Post a Comment