Friday, March 09, 2007

Road to recovery

Not sure what to blog about today, but I'm guessing that people - people meaning my four avid readers- are starting to worry about me since my last blog was a vague, unhappy cry for mental hugs. I'm not depressed per se, but I've been pretty out of sorts lately. I'm sure you all have been at a time in your life when you start second-guessing your choices and whether you need to make some changes - changes that are easier said than done kind of changes. Who hasn't, right? Well, I have to keep reminding myself that I can't let things upset me like they have recently. Life is too short. I have many things to be grateful for like the following:

  • my health (although I'd love to be healthier),
  • two really good jobs (yes, still doing the two job thing...surely contributing to feeling overwhelmed, but I still enjoy them both),
  • I have family who loves me (my dad will be back from Iraq this weekend...yippee!),
  • a new nephew on the way (Lord, please do NOT really let Sister name him Lars!),
  • great friends (some I miss dearly since they live so far away),
  • and Baby (who although has tested my love for him to its extreme...I love with all my heart).

I've been in better spirits lately, so don't worry. I'm not all Britney Spears crazy about to get tatted up and shave my head. My face is too round to have a shaved head anyway...I'm sure I'd look like Buddha. I'll be back to my old sassy, trash-talking self in no time!

---

And before I forget, I want to send a BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Single Girl!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear things are getting better! It sucks when you feel blue. I find that shopping and mass quantities of chocolate always make me feel better! The mental hugs are still coming, let me know when I can start backing off. :)

Anonymous said...

Chocolate and alcohol ... if you go with a chocolate martini, you would feel better, and could even call it multi-tasking!

A wise man once told me, "This too shall pass." It's the best advice I was ever given ... and no matter how bad things get, I just remind myself that in time it will all get better ... it always does.

Mental hugs coming your way!

Anonymous said...

Damn it, I totally forgot alcohol. That usually works better than the chocolate. Good call Hoochie!

Rice Spice said...

Thank you, ladies! I'm not a big chocolate fan (I know...huge shock), but I did gorge myself on some other fattening foods over the weekend =) I'm MUCH better today than I have been in a while. Although I think I'm starting to get sick :( If it's not one thing, it's another!