Friday, March 02, 2007

Oh the weekend...

I'm so ready for the weekend. Unfortunately, I have to work both jobs today. This may be the first time in a year that I've had to work on a Friday night at Job#2. Sadly, my new schedule for this season at Job# 2 gives me Saturdays and Sundays off, but no longer Fridays :( I can usually find someone to work the shift for me on Fridays, but have been pretty unsuccessful lately. Oh, well. I shouldn't complain. I am getting paid money versus being out and SPENDING money. Although I do get off at 10:30pm, which is more than enough time to still do some monetary damage before last call.

Other than that, I have nothing else major to post. I've got a big goal to get more routine with my gym time seeing as (1) it was one of my new year's resolutions, (2) I've gained about 6 lbs - which we all know on a short person looks like double that...man, I hate that!!! And, (3) I have to fit into one of my 5 gowns that I have in my closet for the Startlight Gala on March 24th. Unfortunately, the one I REALLY want to wear is a bit (ok, a lot) snug. I can barely zip it up and when I do get the zipper in the upright and locked position, I can imagine if it were actually alive screaming, "I can't hold on much longer!" before it snaps open as well as that I look like a minor (not major) dimpled potato. Now that you have that vision, you can understand how distraught I was that I had put on some added "almost in my 30's" pounds. Metabolism isn't what it used to be. I use to go through occasional workout hiatuses and not see that my body was slipping all that badly. I might be able to feel like I was getting out of shape, but I was never able to look at myself in the mirror and quickly observe the muffin top spilling over a pair of pants or notice how much more my hips look like linked sausage with the strings separating them where my underwear cuts into my hip. Jeez! Ok, by no means do I think I'm FAT because I know I'm not, but it's that whole getting accustomed to my body and my metabolism not being what it use to be. Oh, well... I hit the gym 3 times this week and feel good. Hopefully, I can keep this up and can feel better about putting on my bathing suit at the end of the month for the Galveston trip.

Anway, enough about my senseless "woe is me" ranting. I hope you all have a great weekend. Kisses!

No comments: