Thursday, March 15, 2007

Randomness

So as quickly as I say we're going to New Orleans for the Florida basketball game, I found out that we aren't going after all. Boo! Actually, just a half-boo seeing as we'll still get to do something pretty exciting here in H-Town. Baby decided the schedule would be too hard for us to go to the Big Easy Friday right after work, and then get back in time and be up for celebrating Grove's 30th birthday/St. Patty's on Saturday night. Basically, we'd be dead by Sunday and not nearly recovered to be resurrected for work by Monday. Yes, we're getting old. Whatever happened to partying until we dropped...and that we never actually "dropped" because we were young and full of crazy energy?!?! Alas, my almost 30-year-old arse isn't the partying diva I used to be :( Maybe I can just be a diva without the partying...hehehe.

I'm taking tomorrow off to spend time with my dad during the day while he's in from Iraq. Although, the evening is strictly for Grove. Grove has decided on no game plan for his birthday and just seeing where the evening takes us. He's low-key, so it should be easy. We'll probably celebrate his birthday tomorrow night and carry it on through St. Pat's. Friday evening's format will be something like this:
  • happy hour drinks,
  • dinner,
  • after dinner drinks,
  • full force drinking at a bar,
  • full force drinking at bar #2,
  • after hours drinking at the house,
  • at some point pass out,
  • wake up the next morning looking around thinking "thank God, I'm in bed...I hope Baby was the one who put me here because I'm fully undressed from the waist down. Did we fool around?"

Ok, maybe not that bad, but pretty damn close, I'm sure. My saving grace is that I gave up liquor for lent, so I won't be taking any shots or drinking my usual scotch and water... I may actually stay sober if I drink beer all night. If anyone wants to join us, please give me a call or shoot me an email.

Unfortunately, I have to look vibrant and alive for my sister's impromptu baby shower in the early afternoon Saturday - lots of ibuprofen, water, and makeup. Since my dad has to leave again at the end of the month and he and my mom are heading to the Philippines on Monday through right before he leaves, Saturday was the only time we could throw the shower for family and close family friends to all be together while my dad was on his R&R. He won't be back for another R&R until after my nephew is born...so sad. So, yes, I will be playing good daughter/sister/aunt. Later on that evening, however, will be dedicated to all things green if I make it for round two. Which reminds me that I need to find something green to wear!

~*~

So again, I have a jam-packed weekend. Ugh! I actually have stuff to do every weekend for the next 4 weekends. Man, I seriously need to schedule a weekend of alone time soon or I will snap. Who am I kidding? I'm sure that will get bombarded with last-minute things to do as well. I shouldn't complain though. I'm the poster child for that saying, "Idle hands are the devil's workshop" or something to that effect. If I wasn't busy, I'd probably be shopping with money I don't have or drinking away my rent. Basically, I see all these activities as diversions from my deviant behavior. Why can't I just be satisfied with sitting at home and crocheting or widdling toys out of wood?

~*~

Any good plans for you guys?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, it sounds you have an action-packed weekend! Call me and let me know where y'all are going to be...maybe I will meet you out!

Single Girl

Anonymous said...

No joke! But like you said, staying busy keeps you from blowing money; I can attest to that as well.

I won't be going anywhere, as usual. What I will be doing instead is trying to find a job for Chris and college grant/loan information for myself ... yep, it's going to be a BLAST of a weekend for me ... don't be jealous. Ha.