Thursday, November 29, 2007

I HATE PACKING!

Do I even have to mention how much moving sucks? I have attempted that pre-cleaning prior to packing the last couple of days - the kind of cleaning where you try to throw away as much as possible so that you reduce the amount of stuff you move. Let's just say I haven't been very successful. Tuesday, I fell guilty of becoming one with the couch after only an hour of going through the kitchen throwing things out of the junk drawers and surveying what I can take over to Boyfriend's house. Yesterday, I had a quick dinner with Ghurrrl and then attempted to start the cleaning process again. I quickly realized that I still was not "feeling it." What the hell is wrong with me? Do I really think I will ever feel like packing?!?! I need to get with it!

I think partly I'm unmotivated because I will be doing it all by my lonesome. Boyfriend left directly from Tampa after the Thanksgiving holidays to Jamaica again for a week of working and will head back to Florida for the weekend for upcoming meetings in Sarasota through Wednesday. I won't see him until Thursday when we leave for Job# 1's holiday party in New York next week. Jeez! My mother and sister are suffering from strep throat, so there goes my extra set of packing hands. Grrr!!! Sadly, this is the only actual weekend that I will have between now and the move. We are gone next weekend, and then I move the following weekend. What a hectic month! I plan to take everything that I plan on taking over to Boyfriend's this weekend... if all goes well.

I have to work tonight at Job# 2 so accomplishing anything for the move is so not going to happen today. It looks like I'll be one crazy packing lady all day Saturday and Sunday...ugh!

Anyone bored this weekend and want to help a sista pack some boxes???? I'm sensing I won't be getting any takers on that...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree, packing SUCKS!!! Sadly, I will be packing and moving soon...I'll post about it in the next couple of days.

Good luck on finding people to help you pack. Have you ever noticed that when you are in the middle of your lease, friends are plentiful...but get to the end of the lease and mention moving you get excuese like the one I'm about to give you...

I would help, but I have a wedding to go to on Saturday. :)

Seriously, if I wasn't booked I would help.

Rice Spice said...

Don't worry! It's a horrible time of year to be trying to move regardless... I have 4 holiday parties to work my move around.