I decided to walk over to Macy's downtown during my lunch hour. As Single Girl's Mom suspected, they carried a selection of Godiva chocolates. Sadly, they did not carry the specific assorted box of cookies and biscuits that I discussed in the previous post because it is a new specialty item that can only be purchased online (which I don't have time for) and in a Godiva store. Macy's only carried the individual boxes of specific flavored one, but I went ahead and bought the three different kinds they had because I REFUSE to go to the Galleria just for friggin' cookies. The ones they had were the Godiva Signature Biscuit, Hazelnut Praline Biscuit, and the Raspberry Premiere Biscuit. I'm not a big dessert or chocolate fan, but I'm guessing that's good...especially since it is sheeshy Godiva, right? I'm not all too fond that they come in long boxes versus the pretty box that the chocolates come in because I'm all about presentation. Luckily, the Macy's gift bag she put them in looks nice enough...even more so since she put in a couple of fluffy pieces of tissue paper. I know...I'm ridiculous about how things look. It's the Martha Stewart in me.
The whole time I was looking at the Godiva cookies, I thought to myself, "I should really get the coffee, too." Then somehow I talked myself out of it. Not sure how that happened, but I guess it had a bit to do with thinking it might be overkill and little to do with that I got distracted by this beautiful pair of silver heels by Chinese Laundry across the way from the Godiva stand. I pretty much kicked myself all the way to the office thinking I should have bought the coffee. And of course, Single Girl's Mom suggested that very thing when I checked my blog comments upon my return. Drats! I guess I know where I'll be walking again for lunch tomorrow...
Thanks for the input, ladies!
Tuesday, November 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Those heels are AWESOME!!!
Sorry to hear that they don't have the gift you wanted, but anything Godiva is wonderful. (If you are a coffee person, you will LOVE the coffee!)
Have fun in Florida.
Post a Comment