So I'm going to the general public to get ideas of something to bring to Boyfriend's family in Florida for Thanksgiving. I feel lame enough as it is that I'm arriving on Thanksgiving day around 11:30am and won't be able to cook/bake something to take to the holiday feast. Once I am picked up from the airport, we are heading straight to Boyfriend's great uncle's house for Thanksgiving Lunch that will progress into Thanksgiving Dinner - apparently it is an all day affair with all the extended family. Since I'll have some constraints due to travel, I need some good gift ideas. I prefer not checking in a bag when I fly, so I won't be able to bring a bottle of wine since that is more than the alloted amount of liquids allowed on your carry-on baggage. All the websites I scoured suggested either the wine, flowers, or some type of centerpiece decoration if you weren't making something to eat. I'm seeing none of those are practical with my travel plans. I could stop and buy flowers, but I think flowers are pretty damn cheesey, if you ask me. I guess I could suck it up and check my bag in and bring a bottle of wine, but I was trying for something more original.I need your suggestions, my readers...even those of you who I know read my blog but don't normally comment. If you are unfamiliar of how to comment, I will tell you. You can either log in if you have a blogger account or you can choose the "Other" option and fill out your name and comment. You don't need a website address to include unless you actually have one. It will work with or without one. OR, you can remain anonymous. I need help!!!

2 comments:
The only thing I know to bring is wine or flowers. Here's a suggestion that you may or may not like...You could send flowers before you get there...maybe??? I don't know, I'm about to call The Mother and tell her to read your blog, she always has good suggestions. I will think about it tonight and either call you or leave a comment.
Good Luck!
I would love The Mother's input. See what she thinks about my Godiva cookies idea. I hate feeling like a free-loading mooch showing up with nothing, having not helped at all with making anything or setting up, then just showing up to stuff my face and leaving.
Post a Comment