Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thanksgiving Recap

I'm guessing that everyone has eaten themselves virtually into a comatose state over the holiday weekend. I certainly did. Boyfriend's family had an overwhelming abundance of baked turkey, fried turkey, and all the (as we say in the South) "fixins". Boyfriend has quite the extended family. He may very well put my family to the test...no, I still think the extended Spice Family can annex its population to become the newest U.S. Territory.

As for the Godiva cookie situation, we decided that there would be way too much food at the party we were attending already that we kept the boxes at Boyfriend's parents' house just for them to enjoy...which is really all I cared about anyway. And as we suspected, there were so many sweet snacks and desserts that good ole Godiva would've been lost in the mix and not fully appreciated. By the time I left, Boyfriend's mom had already "fully appreciated" an entire box of them though.

We decided to stick our heads in Macy's and a couple other stores on Black Friday. Disasterous to find parking at noon - can you tell we aren't devoted Black Friday shoppers like Single Girl and her family (i.e., waking up at 3:30am to get a jumpstart)? At least I was able to find a phenomenal dress to wear to my company holiday party in New York. Granted, I still have to get it altered in length since I'm hair-shy of being a dwarf, but I have a dress! Maybe I can buy those shoes by Chinese Laundry to complete the ensemble *note the gratuitous justification*.

As usual, I'm blogging from the plane on my way home to kill time. I'm sitting next to a woman that just wants to know all my business. Did you visit family in Tampa? Are you from Houston? When did you fly out? That must be something important you're working on because you've been typing away on that thing. Am as annoying as a three-year-old child? Do you want to kick my ass? Ok, I made up those last two. I'm sure she'd die if she knew what I just typed about her on this blackberry. I should leave it in plain view and get up to go to the restroom so her snoopy butt will read it. I know, I'm mean.

I have to work at Job#2 tonight. Seeing as it is for an airline, it was a given that time off would not be in the cards for me on one of, if not, THE busiest travel day for returning home for a holiday. I'm mentally preparing myself for all the unhappy passengers I will have to deal with who have either missed their flights, had delays or cancellations, lost their bags, lost their children (yes, you read that correctly), or just unhappy with the service in general. Wish me luck on my upcoming four hours of torture...

Well that's it. I hope you all had a great holiday!

No comments: