That's Weenie and her little one who had stripped down to his skivvies so that he could smother his face in chocolate cake - can you imagine how much more entertaining it would be if I did that at one of my parties?!?! Note the taller, blonde tyke behind him. He is also 3-years old and the son of one of my dear friends from high school as well who I will refer to as SA - her initials prior to marriage. (Hint: She was very tall, blonde, was the only girl who wore her hair in a short hairstyle, and won "Biggest Flirt" at prom - I'm sure my readers who went to "Da View" should recall).
What else is going on???? I didn't get to dress up this year for Halloween. I was a bit saddened seeing as I was the Hostess with the Mostest who threw "THE PARTY OF THE YEAR" on Halloween four years in a row. Although I did get Boyfriend to TiVo football and the World Series game to watch a scary movie the Saturday night prior to Halloween. If you ever get a chance to watch The Abandoned, you should. It's freaky scary. It was on the list for After Dark Horror Fest in 2006 which picks the top 8 scary movies each year. This weekend they premiere their 2007 picks. Maybe I can convince Boyfriend to go to one of the movies...although he almost didn't make it through The Abandoned.
As you read in my post yesterday, I had quite the car dilemma. Which in turn creates a living situation dilemma. I spoke to my landlord over the phone last night and stated my case. My strong points being the following two:
- With the schedule I keep of getting up early/before daylight to workout and often times not coming home from Job# 2 until about 11:30pm or midnight, I don't feel safe living at my apartment. Although the apartment itself is gated, walking to my car on the street can be very dangerous. If they can break in my car, who is to say they can't follow or attack me. Although I'd fight back like nobody's business and have 3 years of kung-fu under my belt (Thanks, Papa Spice, for MAKING me do that when I was a kid!), but it won't stop idiots from thinking I look like an easy target being of a smaller, petite stature.
- Two car break-ins in less than two months is unacceptable. Per the landlord himself, break-ins have the tendency to happen more around November and December (holiday times) in the past. If that is the case, I've been broken into twice already and will probably happen again because I don't have a car alarm. That extra expense is wearing thin on my pocketbook, and to consider I might have to shell out for a new window in another month is just preposterous.
My landlord said to give him a day to think about it and that he'd discuss it with his wife. I hope this all pans out because I really don't want to have to be on bad terms over the next two months until my lease ends should they not let me out of it. Seriously, my place is cute and an awesome price. I'm sure they can find some guy that wouldn't be concerned about the safety issues that I face to snap that place up in a heartbeat. I will keep you posted on that outcome.
Also, I cut my hair last week. I chopped off six whopping inches. It's about shoulder-length now with layers in the front. I love the look, hate the prep time. My hair is so stick-straight that if I don't use a rolling brush and hair dryer to fix it, it looks like caca. Maybe I can get a good picture of it this weekend so that I can show you. Boyfriend was a little taken aback by the shorter hair, but he still liked it. He better if he knows what's good for him!
I am also considering making a fancy, schmancy dinner tomorrow night. Not sure if I want it to be just for me and Boyfriend or if I want to invite the whole gang. Although I want my Date Night with Boyfriend, I really miss cooking for a group of people. I blame my mother for my hostessing/IMustFeedEveryone addiction. Regardless, I know I have something going on Saturday that I could swear I've committed to, but can't remember what it is. Horrible, huh? The clock is ticking, so I better remember soon!
My dad will be in some time next week from Iraq for the holidays!!! Next Friday or maybe Saturday, we plan on having our immediate family all get together for dinner and hit up some karaoke. I'm not kidding you guys...your read correctly...KARAOKE. How Asian is THAT?!?! My friends caught wind of it and know that the Spice Family never disappoints for entertainment and downright hilarity, so they are all crashing our dinner and karaoke evening. I love that my friends find my bizzaro, crazy, loud family so amusing!
Also, I really miss Diana Banana! Is your hiatus over yet?

No comments:
Post a Comment