As you all know, Sis just had her second bambino two days ago...and, no, we're not Italian. I just like the word bambino. My mother is usually there to help with her c-section recovery, but has to be in the Philippines for the next couple of weeks to take care of some final details of the house she and my dad are building over there. Since my brother-in-law will be on-call for possible job interviews Sis needs someone there to help with the kids - a newborn and an almost 3 year old. Being the wonderful siblings that we are, I have taken Week 1 while Bro has taken Week 2 of my mom being out of the country. At first, I was extremely disappointed that I would be giving up an entire week of vacation puling babysitting rather than sitting on a beach somewhere sipping a tropical drink with a little paper umbrella, but family comes first.
Baby is gone all week to Kingston, Jamaica as of today through Thursday. Too bad he's not going Montego Bay or any of the other resort towns. Kingston is rampant with crime including the highest murder count by ratio of population. Scary, huh? Baby will have to have an armed guard escort him everywhere. Poor Baby is a walking target for some crazy Jamaican trying to make a buck thinking they'd get a hefty ransom for his butt. Yikes!
Anyway, seeing as I was off work and he'd prefer not parking his car at the airport all week, I took him to the airport by 5am this morning. Eeks! Do you realize we had to be up at 4:15am??? Oh well. It actually was THAT bad, and I got to see Baby before he left so I'm not complaining too much. Luckily, Sis has decided to stay an extra day at her in-laws, so she didn't need me today.
After taking a much needed nap after getting back to my place, I went to the gym, got my oil changed, returned some clothes at a store across town that I otherwise never have time to get to (thus taking over two months to finally return the stuff), went grocery shopping, and cleaned. I know it sounds boring, but being that productive in just one day for me is AMAZING! I'm usually running from one job to another and can barely squeeze one minor errand in between.
Well, tomorrow is set to start my Super Nanny duties. I'll keep you posted if this proves to be an additional birth control method by convincing me I should never spawn. Tah tah for now!
Monday, July 09, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Good luck with the Nanny job this week. May the force be with you. This Single Girl has never changed a diaper, so my sister would be a little screwed. I'm sure if I had to, I could do it...but I would prefer not to. :)
Just keep smelling the baby's head ... and take a lot of deep breaths ... unless you're changing a pooh-diaper at that time. That would be icky. Hehe. Have fun!
Post a Comment