Monday, July 16, 2007

Best Birth Control...EVER!

So I completed a week of dealing with a little girl going through her defiant terrible two's and a newborn that wanted nothing more than to spit up on me and even shower me in urine one afternoon...ugh! Although I was only there to help in about 6-7 hour blocks at a time, I seriously questioned who would torture themselves by having multiple children. Then...they do something so precious that they almost make you realize how wonderful it would be to have them. *NOTE: I said "almost"*

I'll spare you all the Super Nanny details, and move on to the rest of my weekend.

Friday night was quiet. Baby and I grabbed dinner at a Thai restaurant, had a margarita on the patio at Molina's, then went home for some quiet quality time together.

Saturday afternoon, we met the gang at BW3 in Midtown for lunch. Noodle's close friend from high school came into town for the week/weekend to take a part of his medical board exams. We'll call him JR. It was nice seeing him. We hadn't seen him in over a year, and to be honest, I really didn't get to visit with him much that time around. JR and I got to talk a little more this time seeing it has been about 3 years since I had really spoken to him. He and his girlfriend are enjoying living in NYC while he is attending med school but are ready to get back to Texas. Baby and I ducked out while they stuck around for a couple of Sudden Death rounds of Golden Tee so that we could run some errands though - pick up my drycleaning, buy air filters for Baby's house, and other boring things.

Later that late afternoon/evening, we all went over to Grove's parents' house in Memorial to grill and play by the pool since they were out of town - so high school of us to throw a party when the parents' are away...HAHAHA! Grove's parents have such a phenomenal million-dollar home, that we always try to sneak in a little fun time there when his parents travel. Thank goodness they are retired and travel quite a bit *wink, wink*. Baby and I made Peach Sangria with white wine, peach nectar, triple sec, and a little sugar. We added fresh peach slices, orange slices, and blackberries as well so you could eat fresh spiked fruit with your drink. How summery, eh? It was a big hit with all those who were there. We also made an awesome recipe for grilled tuna steak that we found on the food network. It was oh-so yummy.

Other than that, we kept it pretty low-key. Baby and I went to see the new Harry Potter movie yesterday. It was AWESOME! Baby loved it, too...even though he refuses to read the books, it's nice that he still enjoys the movies with me. Afterwards, we hit the gym for a little over an hour (can you believe I went to the gym 4 times last week???), had a quiet dinner at home, watched a couple of episodes of TiVo-ed Man vs. Wild, and turned in early.

***Btw, I LOVE Man vs. Wild! I got Baby hooked on watching it. If you've never seen this show on the Discovery Channel, you need to watch it. This guy is insane!!! He gets dropped in various wilderness locations (e.g. the French Alps, Florida Everglades, Rocky Mountains, Iceland, Moab Desert, Austrailian Outback, etc.) and shows you how to survive and find civilization/rescue. It's so intense! I think YouTube has a few episodes on it. I'm so in love with this true life Survivor/MacGuyver it's not even funny!!!***

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your weekend was quite good. If I had spent a week helping with a 2 year old and a new born, I would have hooked myself up to a vodka I.V. drip. That is why I say...

None is enough for me!!!

Single Girl

Anonymous said...

Heh ... same reason I say that one is enough for me ... when I'm at my sister's for a birthday/holiday, it's all I can do to NOT poke myself in the eyeballs with a fork!