Friday, July 06, 2007

Dream Interpretation

Earlier today, Diana Banana discussed her strange dreams last night. I commented about how I, too, have recently suffered some bizarro nocturnal imageries. My dream is actually pretty funny in hindsight, but I was mortified throughout the dream.

It started off that I was somewhere out in public - a restaurant or a bar of sorts - with a group of friends and strangers, I think. At some point, I drank or ate something I was allergic to and my gums started swelling. Not my face, not my glands, not my lips...just my gums. Yes, freakish, I know. I started looking like a chipmunk unable to fully close my mouth because of how large my gums have gotten. I was trying hard not to let anyone notice that I was starting to look like one of those cartoonish Gomer Pyle hillbillies breathing through my mouth and drooling everywhere about to say, "Kyuh, kyuh...well goooooollly!" Of course, I knew my cover was about to be blown. I felt like that person who was naked in front of a bunch of stangers - all freaked out and people staring at me. It was that same horrific feeling. Then, I woke up.

Per Single Girl's suggestion, I went to the website Freaky Dreams for a dream interpretation. Here is what they had to say:

Words like restaurant: Choices. Nourishment. Changes in favor of your well being.
Words like or:
Restricted vision. Cloud. Screen .Looking to hide certain feelings.
Words like bar:
Relaxation. Indulgence. Irresponsibility. Pleasure. Guilty of foolish actions.
Words like friends:
Joy and consolation. Aspect of self ready for integration.
Words like strangers:
Outsider. Unknown. Mystery needs to be revealed.
Words like swelling:
Internal pressure. You become filled with an emotion.
Words like face:
Repair of self image. Vanity. Renewal. Part of identity ready for a make-over.
Words like mouth:
Nourishment. New attitudes. You will soon have news from interests you are anxious over.
Words like naked:
Public display. Exposed. Vulnerable. Loss of ambitions.
Words like up: Feminine projection. Improved image. How do you want to be seeing in the outside world.

Interesting...

Outside of the dream there isn't much else going on other than more damn rain. I'm really not looking forward to swimming to my apartment after work. I hope you all have a great weekend even though we're expected to have yet another torrential one!

No comments: