So what do you get the guy who has everything for Valentine's Day? The guy who has the income to impulse buy whenever he feels like it? The guy who actually shops more than myself???? Yes, you heard correctly, folks... he's worse than a woman!
...
As I had mentioned on a previous post, Baby and I are planning a nice little weekend getaway out in the little German-esque town of Frederickburg, TX to stop in at some wineries. But, I still haven't bought a gift for him yet. I've narrowed it down to two things. Either a portable dvd player or a bed comfort reading pillow. I need your help in deciding. Let me give you some info as to how I came up with these two ideas.
- DVD Player - When Baby takes a trip that's not business-related, he tends to tote his laptop with him anyway so that he can watch dvd's. The bad thing about that is that watching videos tend to kill his laptop batteries pretty quickly. Plus, his laptop is from work and probably isn't the smartest thing for him to be bringing along on vacations where he could either lose/break it or have it stolen...especially if there are confidential contracts and important work he doesn't want to lose. The portable dvd player I found is the best on the market - Philips 824/37 with 8.5" Screen. Yes, I did my research, people! It has a 6 hour battery play life, and he and I could actually watch movies together when we travel by simply getting a headphone splitter.

- The Bed Reading Pillow - You're probably all thinking, "HUH?" Let me explain how Baby's bedroom is set up, and you will understand. He has a king-size bed, and a big screen tv at the FOOT of the bed. Not to the side or at an angle... it really is the only way to set his furniture. And seeing that it's a big screen, it's not like a tv that you can put on something to elevate. So if you are laying down, you are to look straight passed your toes. That means you either use several pillows to prop yourself up to see, or as Baby does so wonderfully... lay sideways on the bed until you're ready to go to sleep. It forces me to have to lay sideways just so that I'm not kicking him if we choose to watch tv in his room. As you guessed, spending the night with a man who wants to lay sideways at the foot of the bed is a bit retarded. So, yes, I'm willing to turn his side of the bed into his own personal lazy boy by buying him the above setup. Actually, I'll pass on the leg rest because that bad boy is $80!!! It's a nice set together, but for that much money, he can put pillows under his legs instead...lol.
Basically, these two gifts are gifts he would probably never buy himself but would get great use out of. Even better is that they are both gifts that benefit me in some way or another - which is really the most important! So what do you think - electronic entertainment or home/sleep comfort?

1 comment:
Both are really good ideas! You have to think about which one he will get the most use out of. Now I don't know baby personally, but it seems like the dvd player would get more use. You know you could buy one and then get the other one for some other holiday. Like Arbor Day. I really think we should start giving presents on Arbor Day. Anyway, if you are going to give the gift while y'all are traveling, the dvd player is more compact and would be much easier to transport. Good luck with the gift-giving!
Single Girl
Post a Comment