Like the Pointer Sisters, I'm so excited and I just can't hide it!!! Baby and I head off for Fredericksburg at 5pm today. Yes, folks, the height of rush hour. Although, it is Friday and rush hour won't be too terrible...we hope. I figure we can ride in the HOV lane most of the way out of town anyway.
So what do we have on the agenda? We won't arrive to our quaint little cottage until about 9pm or 10pm, so not much is slated for tonight. With the way Baby likes to drive, we may very well make it there by 8pm, but I've warned him that the cops in all of the towns in between Houston and F'burg live for catching out-of-towners and ticketing the hell out of them. It really is their bread and butter with all the money the towns make from people passing through. I know in college, I probably got enough speeding tickets to pay for a new school gym or something...or at least a small bust of the mayor for display at city hall.
Tomorrow, we plan on walking around the little town and hitting a few wineries. I'm looking forward to tasting all kinds of vino!!! I'm such a wine junkie. Baby is getting to be a bit of a connoisseur himself having been around me so long.
I will give a full report of the trip as soon as I get back (with pictures...if Baby remembered to pack his camera seeing my camera is still kaput). Hope you all have a lovely weekend. Even though it will be freezing, it'll be nice that it isn't raining for a change!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment