Friday, February 02, 2007

Art auction was a success

The turnout to the silent art auction last night was phenomenal. I didn't get an actual headcount on guests or the profit numbers yet, but I'm sure it will be astronomical. There was one piece of artwork I was willing to bid on that its fair market value was $450. The bidding for it started at $100, and I had decided that my cutoff would be no more than the fmv. Unfortunately, the last bid I saw on it was already at $700 by the time I walked by it before they shut down bidding for the evening. $700?!?! Damn!!! I mean, that's fantastic for American Cancer Society as they get all the money made last night, but definitely too steep for me to try to out-bid. This little philly would be living off of pb&j sandwiches for a couple of months to bounce back from spending that right now...especially with still recovering from the financial strain of moving. I have one piece of art right now that I spent a little over $400 after all the gallery packing and customizing, and I think it's getting lonely and needs more canvas friends...haha!

I wanted to thank Baby, Braceface and her husband The Brit, Legal Chick and her hubby, Fabulous, and all my other friends who showed up last night. It was great seeing EVERYONE! I know I've been so busy lately that a year had gone by since I had seen some of the people who came out to support the cause. A very big THANK YOU!!!

No comments: