Thursday, October 18, 2007

Work = Messing With My Weekend Plans

By "work", I mean Boyfriend's not mine this time. As you recall, it was my work schedule that prevented us from going to Playa del Carmen while in reciprocity, Boyfriend's job is interfering with having friends over to his house for some grilling Saturday afternoon and going to a dinner Sunday night. As of 10:10am this morning, he was notified by his bosses that he was scheduled for a flight at 4pm today to fly out to their headquarters office in Greenville, SC for a meeting tomorrow morning with the intent to stay through Friday of next week. Grrrr! I understand that he needs to go, and that the deal he is working on means hundreds of millions of dollars for his company, but it doesn't make make me any less disappointed about it since we had a few things planned.

For those of you that I went to high school with, you may recall a friend that we use to call either "Shorty" or "Weenie." She was one of my bestest friends growing up, and it was not hard to see one little Filipino midget walking around school with her equally height-challenged Hispanic friend. I know you all recall her now! She will actually be in town from today through the end of the month before she leaves for four years to Japan. Her husband, who is in the Air Force, is being transferred there. Thus, Weenie and her husband with their 3-year-old son in tow are headed off for a great adventure in a far off land! I wanted very badly for Boyfriend to meet Weenie this weekend seeing as we have a planned dinner Sunday night with a group of old high school peeps. The last time she was in town, Boyfriend and I were on our hiatus around the same time last year. She was pretty interested in meeting him before our "break" as well as now more than ever. Oh, well... I guess I'll play "single girl by default" when I attend the dinner.

The upside is that the real Single Girl and I are planning on attending a Zumba class Saturday morning. I'm pretty excited! I hope I don't die or trip over my own feet. I guess that means no late Friday night partying for me. Although, I am thinking of doing a happy hour and turning in early. It's Friday! I can't imagine going to bed without a few alcoholic beverages in my system...let's be real. I think my body actually rejects my blood if it isn't thinned out a bit. So if anyone is interested, let me know :)

With Boyfriend gone tonight, maybe I can FINALLY finish cleaning my apartment. Lord knows my dust bunnies are starting to become dust Godzillas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am excited about Zumba also. I hope your realize that this Single Girl is not in the best of shape. Where you run all the time, I run when chased. Let's not forget the filthy habit of smoking that I've acquired...so, if you have an extra oxygen tank laying around anywhere, you might want to bring it along.

That's exciting that you get to see Weenie before she leaves! Japan for 4 years, that's crazy. If she's as short as I remember her being, she won't stick out in Japan like I would. Lord help me if I ever go to Japan, I'm so tall the good people of Japan would think Godzilla was attacking. :o