Today is the celebration of Baby's 32nd year of life on this planet. Makes me feel young and vibrant...somewhat of the spring chicken nature compared to his two-year headstart over me into decrepit-ness. In all seriousness, when I think of Baby and myself getting another year older, sometimes I do think we have (dare I say it) grown up over the last year like staying in on Friday nights watching cooking shows that he's Tivo'ed so that we can plan what gourmet meal we're making for Saturday. And, then of course we start doing things that make me wonder if we'll ever grow up like going to a toy store to buy gifts for 2-year-old niece and end up playing with all the games ourselves and tossing footballs back and forth down the aisles much to the store workers' dismay. I suppose the give and take of that nature will keep us from becoming too boring and tired too quickly (*crossing my fingers*).
--
In the past year, Baby and I have gone through a lot that has made our relationship take on a new meaning for me. As many of you know, we hit a major rough patch last fall. One that I personally believed was my rebirth into being single and fabulous. Just when I was at a point of moving forward with my life, somehow he kept showing back up to remind me how much life was sadder and much more empty without him. I use to think, "DAMN HIM!" But now, I want to say "Thank you" for doing that. Eventually, we worked out our differences and decided that what we had was worth putting our guards down (or at least my guard) and giving it a second shot. I am extremely glad we did. Otherwise, I wouldn't have him in my life today...and the thought of that really disheartens me. Although there are times that his points of view have me scratching my head, there are the times we're together and nothing else matters that more than make up for that. We obviously understand we will never see eye-to-eye on everything because we're both in our 30's and pretty set in our ways, but our fundamental beliefs about life, love, and family are the same. Now that is what is EXTREMELY important. If you're ever around Baby and me, many of you will see that he is the yin to my yang, the light to my dark, and that we're truly a testament to opposites attracting. But through all of that (and the ever-so-infamous bitching I'm good at), in the end, we really do just "click."
--
So, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Baby!!! And, I love you!
Here we are in Las Vegas for Pharmacist and Medic's wedding almost 2 years ago
There you have it...me being somewhat mushy. I think Diana Banana is rubbing off on me with all her sweet talk about Chris.... ugh! ;)
~~~*~~~

1 comment:
Oh, FINE! Blame the mush on ME! I see how you are!! :P
Seriously, it's funny how the right man really brings out the sickeningly sweetness in us all. Disgusting, I know, all the mushy talk ... makes us sound like a damn bunch of wusses, but oh, well, I guess that love is worth it ...
Yay for you both, for giving your relationship another chance. And double yay to you for recognizing that though you may not always agree one hundred percent on everything, you both have the same point of view on the really important aspects of life. Many people lose sight of that ... as long as you find someone that you share the same values and life goals with, the other little insignificant differences? Well, variety is the spice of life, ya know!
Happy Birthday to Baby! And may you BOTH have many more happy birthdays to celebrate together!!
Post a Comment