Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Daydreaming

Rain sucks! After all the rains we've had over the last couple of weeks, you'd think I should quit my job and start building an arc. So instead of dedicating an entire post to gripe about the weather, I will post about places I'd rather be or things I'd rather be doing. I figure that is more interesting than bitching :)


I'd rather be back in Peru riding horseback through the Sacred Valley and enjoying the landscapes of the Andes Mountains. Or I wouldn't mind...

...being in one of these resort houses in Tahiti. How effing nice would it be to have a stairway that led into that gorgeous water?!?!?! I've never been to Tahiti, but this pictures gives me reason to hope and pray I make it there one day.

On a less worldly travel note, I could easily be satisfied just snuggling and napping with Baby all day. I took this picture of him a couple of years ago when he fell asleep watching football. Awww....
Something I've always wanted to do is zipwire through the Costa Rican rainforest. How adventurous would that be?!?! To see such lush vegetation untouched by humans would be amazing. I wonder if there really is a cure for cancer lurking somewhere in all that forestry in some plant yet to be discovered.

I'd also rather be taking golf lessons right about now. I wish this sport wasn't so expensive to try to get into - golf clubs are not cheap and neither are hourly lessons or simply the cost of playing 18-holes. Baby plays on ocassion with coworkers but primarily with Noodle and Grove. I use to play a bit here and there, and even took a course in college. Not that I want to be a pro-golfer or anything, but I would like to be able to hold my own should the challenge present itself.

I would even prefer to be at the gym right now running like a hamster. I've been so off the healthy wagon lately that I feel pretty guilty. Maybe if I stayed in my routine, I'd be as thin as this skinny bitch in the picture.

My gluttoness side would much rather be stuffing my face full of cholesterol-ridden lobster. OMG! So yummy!!! Why does everything so tasty have to be so unhealthy?

I would also love to be visiting with old friends. Here are me, Sparky, and Doc last January in Birmingham celebrating Sparky's 30th birthday. This is the last photo taken of the three of us (*sniffle*). I see Doc every now and then, but definitely not enough. Sparky has been doing the new baby thing, so he's been out of pocket. Me in Texas, Doc in New York, and Sparky in Georgia makes for difficult planning.


Hanging out with my very cool 2-1/2 year old niece is pretty fun, too. Note the leapord-print shades and pouty "I know I'm the shiznits" lip. Nothing like an afternoon of singing Disney songs with her...seriously...I knew just about every song even before she was born. Now I get to use all this senseless knowledge on someone who appreciates it :)

So where would you rather be?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

To be in Tahiti ... on a small island ... away from the hustle and bustle of the city ... and overflowing emotions ... nothing but me, an umbrella drink, the glorious rays of the sun and the azure waves ... sweet relief at it's best.