Thursday, March 02, 2006

A lady doesn't drink such things...

As you've guessed from the title of this post, I've decided to give up my dear friend whiskey (and, yes, Scott...even whisky spelled without the "e") for the season of Lent. No loop holes...quitting my favorite inhibition destroyer and every other hard liquor for that matter in exchange for a dainty glass of vino or it's lesser alcohol content brother - beer. The main reason I have to give up all hard liquors is because I know me. I'll just switch my vice to some other ungodly imbibement worse than the former (i.e., "151 on the rocks, please" YIKES). Wow, between no shots for my 2006 resolution and no hard stuff for 40 days, my circulatory system won't know what to do with the thicker consistency of blood flowing through its veins seeing I've done such a great job of thinning things out over the last few years. I may very well choke an artery with real blood...Memo to self: must consult physician regarding the ramifications of my lifestyle change.

No comments: