Sunday, March 12, 2006

Skinless bodies? Why, yes, thank you.

Last night my brother, his girlfriend, and his best friend accompanied me to the museum to the Body Worlds 3 exhibit. It was phenomenal. If you ever get a chance to see this bad boy, you should. Basically, it's real life humans who've donated their bodies to this exhibit of which show the human body either stripped of skin or body parts and organs disected for viewing - tumors and all, in some cases. They put the bodies through this plastination process where they preserve the bodies with a hardening material. I'm not even going to attempt to explain the process, but it's cool nonetheless. I thought it was extremely interesting, but I could tell a few people were a bit queazy. The only thing I didn't get was if they got all that funding in order to preserve these bodies for viewing, you'd think they'd hire some minimum wage high school kid to at least clip the toe nails of these human specimens before displaying them...yes, there were some funky toes in need of some serious attention!

No comments: