Friday, March 10, 2006

Fried Twinkie Anyone?

So I went to the rodeo last night with Matt, Chris, and Lindsay. Maroon 5 was performing, so I couldn't miss one of my "if I could marry a famous person" husbands - the band's lead singer Adam Levine. I'm so that cliche groupie in love with some "guy in a band who plays guitar and sings and stuff." I even enjoyed the bronco and bull riding competitions pre-concert (see photos).




Going up the never-ending escalator











The infamous Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo at the Reliant Stadium












Moi and Lindsay













Bull Ridin' - That's gotta hurt!










I've always wanted to be a rodeo clown!!!











Maroon 5 - yes, I was a gajillion miles away...and no, it wasn't by court order






The one thing I did not partake in at the rodeo this year is something that's been growing in popularity which was to have one of an array of fried food items - twinkies, oreos, Mars bars, Snickers bars, etc. Sound disgusting? It is. Basically, they batter these items and throw them in the deep fryer. If I remember correctly, they serve it covered with the optional powdered sugar and chocolate syrup. Imagine a Snickers corndog. And they wonder why Houston was the fattest city for a couple of years! Some people look forward to the rodeo all year for an opportunity to eat these monstrosities. Although, I suppose I'm a hypocrit because I look forward all year to that bigass turkey leg at the Renaissance Festival. I may not have a sweet tooth, but sistah likes a good piece of bird!

No comments: