Monday, March 20, 2006

Know when to hold 'em, Know when to fold 'em

It appears that we've all made it back from Grand Casino Coushatta in one piece for Chris' birthday trip. Some with lighter wallets, but still all in one piece. I, the non-gambler of the group, thoroughly enjoyed bouncing from one person to the other to touch base on their progress to beat the house. With some disappointment I can report that no one came away with much success. Although I did entertain Chris with my casino theory - I'm convinced that casinos hire a handful of midgets to sit underneath the roulette table and spin the wheel manually...they are the ones to know, I tell ya. I tried to explain that concept to Chris, and even talked to the midget through the table right before each spin to be kind to the birthday boy. Unfortunately, I think the midget sensed my phobia for people smaller than myself and purposely chose every other number or opposite color that poor Chris chose to spite me. I offered to kick the roulette-spinning midget's ass as his birthday gift, but we chose not to create a scene. It probably wasn't that great that the women standing next to me kept thinking that I was calling THEM "little midget" either.


(And, yes, the picture is what you think it is...we rented a mini-van so that the kids could all ride together, and Lindsay could "soccer mom" us all the way to Coushatta. Mini-vans are so hot, huh?!?!)



My favorite thing to do in casinos (usually this can only be done in Vegas) is to admire the architecture of the buildings. Since this was a lone free-standing casino in the middle of nowhere Louisiana, my attention was focused on my second favorite thing to do in casinos - people watch. It's been a while since I've seen such a parade of mullets/she-mullets all under one roof. There was also a lack of deeming front teeth as a necessity - I suppose they might've considered such things as dentures a luxury item. I know, I know...there I am again being a bitch! Through it all, the experience was worth it 100% to celebrate a birthday for a good friend. Happy birthday again, Chris...we hope you enjoyed yourself!

Now we have three weeks to recover just in time for MJ's 30th...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You NEVER wanted to go to the Louisiana casinos in college. Sounds like you're lowering your standards. LOL!

Rice Spice said...

I'm still not a big fan, but at least now my sense of humor has gotten better with age. There's nothing better than watching a toothless lady (lips clutching cigarette with a 3-inch ash hanging on by a miracle) shoveling dollar coins into slots as her mullet-sporting significant other brilliantly explains the law of averages to her and why she's not winning. Aaaahhh...mullets - all business in the front, party in the back...hehehe