So I decided that NYC was my destination afterall for this past weekend. Matt and I flew into NYC late Friday night after over two hours of delays because of strong northeasterly winds. What a waste of leaving work early, huh? When we got in, Scott met us so that we could grab a quick bite and have a couple of drinks.
We turned in sometime after 3am and was out the door by 9:30am the next morning to pick up the rental car. Scott, his friend Liz, Matt, and I were heading to Woodbury Commons (an outlet mall in upstate NY) for the day. Matt got his first experience driving in snow flurries...he was pretty excited seeing he had never seen snow before. Once we got to Woodbury Commons, it was ON! We power shopped until the stores locked up at 9pm. This outlet mall is unlike any outlet mall I've ever been...designer stores out the wazoo with serious deals. I'm not talking your typical outlet with cheesy stores like Liz Claiborne, Mikasa, and American Eagle. I'm talking Dolce&Gabbana, Versace, Gucci, Chanel, Armani, Barney's New York, BCBG, etc. I'm not a big "label queen" or anything, but when you're getting deals on such labels for the same price as non-designer wear, I couldn't really pass it up.
It was absolutely FREEZING while we were out there, too! I think it was about 15 degrees in the evenings and the days were in the the mid- to high-20's...low 30's if we were lucky. At some point, I lost feeling on my right thumb because I wasn't wearing gloves, and left it exposed while holding shopping bags Saturday evening....jeez! I hope there isn't any extensive damage...lol.
So the moral of the story for this weekend is that Jacky is on financial groundation until April...hehehe. That means that Nathan's wedding will be my last big blowout for awhile :( Of course, I say that now...
Tuesday, February 21, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment