Monday, February 06, 2006

In a new place

I sent this to post some time last week, but for some reason it never made it on...hmmm...well, here it goes again then...

First off, my great-uncle passed away last Friday morning. Seeing that my family is all my great-aunt has here in the U.S., my parents have been in a tailspin trying to figure out when and where to schedule the wake, the cremation, and moving my 87-year old great-aunt to live with my folks once all her personal business is in order in Florida. It's been hectic to say the least...

So I had a change of heart the day before moving into my parents' place. With the news of my parents taking on another family member and my absolute anxiety of moving back to Channelview, I decided to move to the Greenway Plaza area instead. So there you have it...my stint in Midtown is officially over, and I'm about to wreak havoc on another part of Houston...at least for the duration of my year lease. Haha.

There are some downsides to my new place though - (1) I'm close to the freeway and 59 NEVER stops...good thing I'm not a light sleeper (2) I gave up my phenomenal balcony view of the beautiful pool at the last place for prime viewing of people filling up at a gas station or using the drive-up ATM at Washington Mutual (3) Lastly, I have no clue whatsoever where to take my trash on my floor yet....hmmm...not good.

The upside - (1) I have dry cleaning on the property, (2) I have a two-story workout facility, and (3) I'm close to a grocery store and a number of restaurants...you all know how much the accessibility of food is important to me :)

That's my update for now. Hope everyone is doing well...

1 comment:

Rice Spice said...

It won't die! I've tried to break it on numerous occasions, but I'm seeing that it might even outlive me... I did make a conscious decision that if that tv doesn't blow a tube by my birthday, I'm buying myself a new one regardless.

Call me some time to catch up. Want to know how Cali life is treating you.