Friday, April 11, 2008

Busy Bee

The past weekend was spent partying in Austin. I think I'm getting old as it took me virtually all week to recover. I've just been so thoroughly exhausted. Unfortunately, I don't have many great pictures of the weekend because my camera's battery died the night I got there. Drats!

We rented a house on the lake for Blondie and her best friend's 30th birthdays. We had a BLAST! Friday night we stayed in catching up over drinks and eating way too many jello shots. Grove was such a great guy to make about 240 of them for the birthday girl. We probably ate half of them the first night.

Saturday, we all headed to Emerald Point Marina to take a party barge onto Lake Travis. If you've never done one of these, I highly recommend it! With the help of four other friends chipping in, Boyfriend and I had brought about 18 pounds of beef and chicken fajita meat along with all the "fixins" to feed the masses. It was muy delicioso! We all had an absolutely awesome time!

Here is Boyfriend wearing my cowboy. Cute, huh?

Here is Blondie and the other birthday girl's fiancee..who by the way also gets a thanks from Boyfriend and me for his help with the food fund

Special thanks goes to these ladies for helping with putting things together, providing and helping with the food for the partyers, and just be so damn fun to hang out with!

Here are two of my favorite men...I definitely can't go without saying a BIG thanks to Grove for believing that there is ALWAYS room for Jello!

And a super special thanks goes to Boyfriend for doing all the cooking on the boat, dealing with being one of only three men in a house full of women who just happen to ALL be suffering from that hideous monthly torture (no joke...the guys should've been arwarded medals or something), and for just loving me even when I'm pissy :) Wow, I look really dark in this picture!

So now that it's Friday, I'm fully recovered! HOWEVER... I am off to wear myself out again. Ghurl and I are headed to Mexico City tonight for the weekend! Boyfriend is going to Vegas for the weekend to meet up with his parents. They are there for a convention, so we initially planned to meet them there together. The standby flights with my airline got way overbooked because of all the American Airline flights getting cancelled, so that pretty much sealed the deal that we wouldn't be flying standby. Luckily, Boyfriend had enough air miles for him to get a confirmed seat to Gambler's Heaven. Combined we didn't have enough for a second ticket. So as not to be outdone, I decided to drag Ghurl south of the border for some fun of our own. A girls weekend if you will with one of my favorite gay men. Not my MAIN GAY, so don't get up in arms, Doc!

I look forward to partying in the Zona Rosa this evening when we land, doing some street vendor and starving artists shopping in Zocalo then historical sightseeing at the pyramids during the day tomorrow, and then dancing the night away in either Polanco or La Condesa tomorrow night. Not bad plans for a girl who just put the itinerary together this morning! I know... I'm a spontaneous crazy person.... Eh, I've been called worse ;) Boyfriend is a bit nervous that I will be running around Mexico with only a 100 lb., 5'9" gay man to protect. I told him not to worry about it. Ghurl's slender frame makes him a perfect spear/harpoon/javelin to throw if people attack, and I ball up really nicely for Ghurl to knock attackers down like bowling pins. We've practiced this before, therefore, perfecting our marksmanship.

Until next time...

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Have fun in Mexico...hopefully you will not have to harpoon any attackers. Be safe!

Anonymous said...

So did you make it back from Mexico?? No blogs = ???'s

Anonymous said...

Ok. What the hell? Seriously? Are you alive???