Updating a Vegas trip is usually the same story over and over. The short version of ANYONE'S recap would be: posh hotel, awesome food, great nightlife partying, and loss of money. Sound about right?
As for more detail, Baby and I spent two nights at the very nice Bellagio Hotel...courtesy of my generous boss. Our whole office met for dinner the first night at Prime Steakhouse, which by the way is excellent. We started off with oysters, and I had ginger shredded tuna for an appetizer while Baby had these delecatable crab spring rolls - YUM! As we all know, I'm not that fond of beef, but I decided to try the filet mignon seeing that steaks are what they are famous for. I really can't remember what Baby had, but I know he wasn't disappointed in the least.
After dinner, the group headed for the craps tables and milled about until we all decided to call it a night around 2am. I suppose that was relatively tame for a night in Vegas.
The next day, Baby and I decided to do some unsuccessful shopping. I was reminded why I hate that I'm not 5'10" and a size 0. Damn cute clothes being made for stick figures!!! Anyway, I called it quits on the shopping so we headed for the Bellagio pool. It was super packed and hotter than Hades, but a frozen pina colada helped ease the heat.
After the pool, Baby and I leisurely got ready for our dinner reservations at Tao. The dinner was spectacular!!! The food was some of the best seafood we had ever had...and that's saying a lot! For dessert, we had...what else? Sake flights. I found a sake that was so smooth it went down like water. Good thing I don't remember the name as that could become very dangerous on my next sushi outing.
Following dinner, we headed over to The Wynn to lose more money on the tables as we waited for our 10:30pm showing of Le Reve . We stopped into one of their lounges Lure for a quick drink. It was about pretty early (9pm-ish), so there weren't very many people. To tell you the truth, it reminded me a lot of M Bar here in Houston.
Le Reve (meaning "the dream") was like nothing Baby and I had ever seen. The sets were amazing and done completely in water. My coworker didn't enjoy it as much as we did and called it "O"-Part 2, but seeing we never saw "O" it was still a great performance for us. I highly recommend seeing this if you are ever in Vegas. Tickets aren't cheap, but definitely worth every penny!
After the show, we headed back to Bellagio so that Baby could get sucked into the evil he calls 4-Card Poker. A few hands and stout drinks later, I convinced Baby to go to Light for some dancing. We had such a great time. There were strippers everywhere (according to Baby) and all kinds of craziness. Eventually, the night became morning and Baby and I headed upstairs for some shut-eye.
The next morning was slow and painful. We were able to get packed up, cashed out on my minimal winnings after betting on the Dallas v. Phoenix game, and headed to the airport.
Thank GOD we were going home... Any more than two nights of this rock'n'roll lifestyle is even too much for me to handle. How does Paris Hilton do it?!?!?!
Star sightings: The Donald, his super model wife Melania, and his six humongous bodyguards walking through The Wynn around midnight; Senator John McCain at Bellagio's crap tables
PS. Pictures to be added once I get my camera back from Baby...
Wednesday, June 07, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment