Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Memorial Weekend Update

This weekend was actually pretty nice. For an absolute change, Baby and I decided that staying in town may actually do us some good.

We started the weekend by meeting J.Smith and Pocahontas for dinner. They are my favorite gay couple...ever. We also had Grove in tow. We collectively decided that Cyclone Anaya's jumbo margaritas weren't f-ing around because it just about knocked ALL of us on our asses. Yes, that coming from a weekend-alcoholic and her drinking entourage... After congregating at J.Smith and Pocahontas' beautiful townhome for a couple more beverages and shots (yikes!), we headed back to Baby's house. After a drink or two at his house, we then decided we must investigate whether Little E still worked at Darkhorse. And to our surprise, she was there pouring us glass after glass of liquid evil.

Saturday was more tame... I lounged by the pool with Ash while Baby and Grove hit the sticks. Afterwards, it was a tame night of dinner at home and watching (of all things) UFC.

Sunday was a bit more active. Baby started his day by cutting the grass...meaning I was recruited to help in some way, shape, or form - he did 95% the work though. Ran around looking for a dining room table after that. As usual, Finger's bargain basement has proven a good place to rummage. Baby found everything he was looking for at half the price he was intending to spend. We eventually met up with Grove, ShanerBach, and ShanerBach's g/f at the Marquis. They were two teas in when we left...they would definitely feel those in the morning! Baby and I caught dinner and were in bed by 10pm - woohoo...party animals!

Monday ended up being more errands and taking my great aunt to her dialysis appt. Then working a measly hour at Job #2 as it was sooooo dead. All in all, there was nothing great to report, but it was so much more relaxing than any weekend I've had over the last couple of months.

All that will change though, as next week Baby and I are headed to Vegas! Oy vey!

No comments: