After blogging yesterday, I sought out the help of The Madame, Eurotrash!, and Pocahontas on ideas of how to give my blog that little bit of "je ne sais quoi." Some write about politics, others focus on child-rearing, while others simply use blogging as a way to chronicle the mundane trivialites of their lives. I, personally, have been using this as a documentary so that when I'm old and gray, I can look back and say, "Those were the days when my boobs didn't hang to my waist!" Or, "Wow, I can't believe I never got a staph infection from falling into a roadside ditch!" Oh, how those things sound trivial now... but when I'm 60 years old and looking back, I really will want to remember how much I actually enjoyed the men I dated, the places I had traveled, and the friends I don't speak to anymore.
Eurotrash! had long ago suggested a Cheese of the Month bit, but seeing I'm lactose intolerant...I may very well just end up writing about the effects these yummies have on my digestive system. I'm thinking that can only go so far...imagine....
"Dear Blog, Cheese of the Month will be Broccio. It is a French cheese made of goat's or ewe's milk and is unpasteurized, whey cheese of various shapes. Some broccio are salted and dried for a sharper flavor and is similar to Italian Ricotta. However, after eating said cheese, I was curled up in the fetal position within the hour praying to all that is holy for the gut-wrenching twisting of my stomach to stop, followed by frequent trips to my new porcelain best friend. Please, for the love of God, do not eat this cheese should you have a function to attend within the next 8 hours. People will start to notice the faint noises coming from your backside no matter how hard you clench!"
Hmmmm....actually, that could be pretty entertaining.
Anyway, so I'm thinking I will choose a Photo of the Month. Seeing as I am a true Asian in the sense that I almost always have my digitial camera with me, I snap pictures at just about every opportunity - major functions, evenings of debauchery, harrassing the gas station attendant on why they don't carry super glue. (Sidebar: Why doesn't the gas station by my apartment have ANYTHING???? No Visine, no Pepto Bismal, and today...no super glue. Don't ask...long story!) So, yes, I took a picture of the said gas station's shotty "supplies" section. In between the chips and the motor oil. I'm thinking Photo of the Month...maybe Photo of the Week. What do you think?
Tuesday, November 14, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Photo of the Week, most definitely. In this wacky city we lovingly call home, I'm sure that you will have no problem finding inspiration. I wish I carried MY camera more; I see so many funny or just plain WEIRD things on an almost daily basis, it's a shame I can never capture them for everyone else to giggle at as well.
I'm actually looking for inspiration for my blog as well. I'd like to throw in some posts, here and there, about things OTHER than my day-to-day activities, which are, for the most part, none too exciting. If you have any suggestions, feel free to send them my way.
Post a Comment