Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Gobble Gobble

Happy Thanksgiving Eve to all my loyal readers (all 4 of you...hehehe)! I hope you are all getting an opportunity to spend time with family and/or friends over this holiday. If not, I hope that you are at least enjoying the time away from work to relax and vegetate.

I've decided to use this post as my own chance to list a few things I'm thankful for this year - some profound things, others just minor things that still touched a special part of my heart.

  • Family - Don't get me wrong, I want it duly noted that my family has the undeniable knack to annoy the hell out of me. However, I am thankful they are the first to stand by my side to support me and to protect me...sometimes, even when they know I'm wrong. Now that is love. My family went through a lot of tragedies and disappointments this year, but also a lot of wonderful milestones. My brother got engaged, my niece turned two and learned to say f*%$ and sh!t all in one bold statement (amusingly in public...lol), my sister has another little one on the way, and I have managed to not kill myself as I still struggle to juggle two jobs and play equally as hard as I work.
  • Friends - Dealing with some major life-changing family events and also some personal emotional challenges, I realized that I'm one lucky little lady. No one will understand how thankful I am to have friends that will drop plans at the drop of a hat to console me, travel great distances just to physically be here for me, and stay up all hours of the night talking nonsense just so I don't suffer my insomnia spells alone. It's never hard to find someone willing to catch a drink with you, but it's those who just want to sit with you and do nothing that make you realize how valuable their friendship is and how you never want to experience what life would be without them.
  • Work - Although I'm a constant broken record about the difficulties of keeping two jobs, I'm thankful I have them both. Some people can't even say that their one job is fulfilling, exciting, or rewarding. I, on the other hand, have two jobs that have allowed me rewards that make me quite the envy. Job #1 has allowed me to meet and interact with some major power players in the energy industry and have never let us forget how grateful they are for the work we do while Job #2 has shown me (and some of my friends) the world. Who can knock that?!?! So let me rant and bitch, but don't ever take me seriously ;)
  • Love - I struggled with putting this on here simply because I make it a point not to put anything too personal in this blog. You never know who's feelings I might hurt when I vent off about how upset I am with a friend or loved one only to regret that I posted it for everyone to see. Also, it makes you pretty vulnerable...which you all know is not a color I like to wear often. However, I do want to give thanks that this year I realized something that I wasn't sure was ever possible again. I fell in love. Although things didn't go as smoothly as I had hoped or turned out how I had dreamed, I learned that I, in fact, was not dead inside - an inside joke with Sparky and myself.
  • Health - I've had a few medical issues this year, but luckily nothing life-threatening. I'm thankful to say that I am as physically able as I am, and never want to take that for granted

I've decided to leave it at that. I think that I could go on about the small stuff, but I think this is enough for now. So I hope I didn't bore you with my list...I could've made it more interesting if I mentioned how thankful I was Britney FINALLY left K-Fed, but you already know that...hehehe.

So... Happy Thanksgiving to all of you, and go stuff your faces!

Big Hugs and Kisses!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know I'm late, but Happy Thanksgiving, missy. This was actually a sweet post which makes me wonder one question...Who are you and what have you done to my foul-mouthed, bitchy friend? Kidding! Let's get together for lunch soon.