Let's see...what's happened since my last post? Well...a lot. But the condensed version is:
My brother is now officially engaged! Yay!!!! Picture below is from my parents' house at their engagement dinner :)

that Baby and I bought them for their engagement gift
- My friend Wanderer was in town to visit from London on business and squeezed in a little beer-drinking with me
- I helped out with a Young Professionals in Energy event that was an absolute success - the mayor was there...see my cheesy picture below ;)
I find it ironic that two days after his daughter gets arrested for a DWI,
he speaks at a cocktail reception...priceless.
- My great-aunt just completed successful life-threatening surgery that will allow her to continue her dialysis treatment - big sigh of relief! :)
- Sparky & his wife just gave birth to their first child - a healthy baby boy!!!! Sparky is oh-so excited! Poor kid looks just like his proud papa...heehee!!!
- My mother is en route to the Philippines as I type this to say her final good-byes to my aunt who is in hospice care :(
I guess that's about it. Like I said, busy! Oh, and I've also been on this crazy health kick lately with working out, running, and eating healthy. I'm trying to see if this will alleviate any of this growing stress. If not, I may very well end up back on a leather couch staring at the ceiling and telling a shrink how my otherwise mundane problems have been stacking up all at once and driving me to rip all my hair out...including my eyebrows...not pretty in the least. I don't want to look surprised all the time like Whoopi Goldberg.
As for this weekend, tonight I'm meeting up with Banana and her new dating-type person. I haven't seen Banana since probably high school so it'll be fun to catch up. We're going to see a guy we also went to high school with perform in some rock band he's a part of. Wow, I haven't gone to see a specific live band play at a bar since college...how nostalgic. I would say retro, but apparently "retro" is anything 7-yrs or older. That's according some article I read some years ago. I've still got a couple of years before I can say my college days were "retro." ;)
Other than that, I'm trying to figure how I'll squeeze in relaxing. I have to work the entire weekend, but I'm trying to maneuver around that. I have to check on my great aunt at some point as well. You would think my schedule would have some kind of break at some point or another, but alas...not so much.
Until next time, dear readers...



No comments:
Post a Comment