Thursday, July 20, 2006

What does it mean?

Last night I had a strange evening. I went to bed relatively early (for me, that is) sometime after 11pm. In the course of the evening, Baby tossed and turned seeing as he's been nervous about going into work and giving his answer to not accept a counter-offer from his present company because it falls short of what the new company is proposing. So, yes, Baby is on to better and brighter things.

Anyway, other than dealing with his sleep issues....around 5am this morning we heard about six or seven gunshots. His neighbors have this obsession with shooting firearms in the middle of the night. In the past, Baby and his other neighbor have disregarded these noises as firecrackers. But last night was absolutely NOT firecrackers!!! I told Baby to call the police to complain. It's such a pain for Baby and Noodle to live next to such thugs, but they are one of two houses left on his street that have not been bought out to tear down and build luxury townhomes. Although, I'm sure it's ONLY a matter of time. I think it's such a great idea that Baby has chosen to buy in an up and coming neighborhood like he did with his previous home in Midtown seeing as he profited so well when he finally sold it, but I am so glad that I don't live there on a daily basis.

On top of that...when I finally fell asleep, I had this strange dream. This part of my night is more about the title of this post. I dreamt that it was raining really badly and flooding everywhere. In my dream, I lived by a big bridge. It was night time, and still a bit drizzling. I was driving a school bus (yes, a bus again...for those who don't know, I use to have reoccuring dreams about all kinds of different buses - driving them, riding on them, waiting for them...so bizzare). I go to take the bridge to get to the next town since we and my passengers are evacuating, but when we get through the fog, there's no bridge. But, it's too late. I can't stop, so the bus goes off the bridge into mud...not water, mud. The mud proceeds to envelop us like quicksand. Somehow, I must've survived because we flash to me doing something else. Or maybe I went to another dream. Almost if I were having a new dream sharing the similarity of the rain, flooding, and evacuating.

In this new dream I was trying to evacuate an office-like environment with a bunch of older people (maybe coworkers?). We packed our personal items and were trying to escape out the window...don't ask...to get to the evacation buses. I threw my bag out the window so that I can follow right after it, then something made me stop as I threw my legs over the windowsill. I actually waited for the cloud of fog to move so that I got a better look at the ground I was going to land on (it was only the first floor window, but still high). The next thing you know, I'm staring down on that same muddy mess hundreds of miles below me as if I were on the bridge from the previous dream...or earlier in the dream...whatever it was. I watched as my bag was sinking into the mud. Then, that's when I woke up to the alarm. So strange! I'm thinking I need to go to some dream interpreter to figure out what that all means.

No comments: