Friday, April 21, 2006

I guess I need to update this thing...

I know, I know...I've neglected this blog for over two weeks. Although it's the same lame excuse, I must use it again - I've been super busy! Let me highlight the good stuff and leave out the boring work-related mumbo jumbo.

Sometime right after my last post, the whole gang traveled out to Austin to party in honor of Mr. Rahman's induction into the 30-zone. There were over 20 of us from Austin, Houston, and Dallas at Lake Travis partaking in some college-reminiscent drinking. Lord help us that I don't see a jello shot ever again!


As for Easter Weekend, Matt and I had our fantastic Hawaiian getaway. It was Matt's first time there, so it was me playing tour guide once again...although I didn't mind in the least. My friends Tony and John traveled with us, but seeing that they had accompanied me two years ago, we only hooked up with them once for a trek out to the Dole Plantation and the North Shore while I took Matt to some of the same spots they had already been the rest of the time. Matt was amazed at the waves out on the northside of the island...definitely a lot more challenging than the Florida coast. For those who know Tony, be sure to ask him about how his sunbathing experience at Banzai Pipeline Beach went...it's the second most funniest experience I've had at North Shore (Anna and Simon are still the reigning champions)!






The mountains on the drive to North Shore












Here I am at the Dole Plantation. Matt refused to stick his head through the pineapple in a Hawaiian shirt playing the eukalele for fear I would put him on my blog. Damn him for knowing me so well!















Tony and John at Ehukai Beach a.k.a Banzai Pipeline Beach












Surfers at Banzai Pipeline Beach













Aren't we just the poster children for interracial dating?!?! Hehe











Matt and I also did an 8-hr deep-sea fishing trip on Easter Sunday which is something I had never done before. I caught three mahi mahi while Matt caught two. The colors were amazing!!! Matt caught the largest mahi mahi on the trip (53" and 45lbs.) of which he's getting mounted for display...can't wait to see how it looks when it's done! All of mine looked like weenies next to his, thus, no mounting of my fishies...lol.






Watching the sunrise as we embark on our 8-hr deep-sea fishing trip. It was way too early!










One of my favorite pictures













Matt caught the monster in the center. One of mine was the midget second to the last on the right.






After 8 hours of being blackened in the sun on the fishing trip the day before, people were starting to wonder who that ebony princess Matt was walking around with...lol



As usual, I seriously contemplated whether or not I could survive a massive paycut and take a job as a hotel event coordinator in Waikiki and live in a low-rent apartment with a shared bath and kitchen. First off, shared bath and kitchen for more than what I'm paying for my one-bedroom apartment in Houston is absolutely ridiculous! I was also reminded that my weakness for a few high dollar things such as Chanel makeup, 18-year old Glenfiddich scotch, and spontaneous travel would suffer tremendously. As you've guessed, I'm not willing to give up those luxuries at this selfish state of my existence. Therefore, I'm back in Houston and back to the grind of the two job lifestyle...ugh! Work hard, play hard, right? Why couldn't it be play hard, and play even harder? Wouldn't that be the life?






Here is a gorgeous sunset at Paradise Cove to remind me why I come back as much as I do

No comments: