Saturday, September 13, 2008

Numb

I've been watching the local new through streaming video from Tampa. Decided that national coverage didn't cover the "real" things I wanted to know - like what freeways flooded, who couldn't get out of their areas, etc. The national coverage on the weather channel would give me general information. Streaming video of local new stations is one of the most innovative things to come out of the electronic age.

Luckily, most of my family is well and accounted for. My bro is alive and well, but dealing with the losses of his apartment. It looks like the roof pulled off of the second story which caused them to take in water all in the second floor. This has caused eventually flooding onto my brother's 1st floor apartment soaking everything. I think he was able to save electronics, but his home is no longer habitable. Decisions, decision.

The sister and kiddos are fine and are at higher ground. THANK GOD!

Then there is me.... I am fin since I am in Tampa, but it pains me to watch all this nonstop storm coverage. I think it is making me 10x's more neurotic.

Single Girl/Mandy called me back after my texts to check on her. Sadly, she is still unable to surnvey the damage to her apartment or her mother's home, but she and her family are alive and well. Another THANK GOD moment!!!

I hope you are all safe that are in the Houston metro area that read this. Sublime, I know you are further north, but it would be nice to know that you are a live and kicking as soon as you get online again. So everyone take care!!!

8 comments:

sublimenigma said...

Still kicking.
The coverage just made me laugh...I kept hoping a news anchor would actually fly away.
That's mean...but it's been that kind of weekend.

Be safe.

Laura Funkyjunk Suarez said...

It is nuts, isn't it. And all you can do is feel bad that you are watching what is happening to people you know.

And, I saw a new anchor get hit by a huge wave. They kept showing it over and over. It was damn funny! At least we have that.

Anonymous said...

BLOG ALREADY..........

Laura Funkyjunk Suarez said...

Lady, you haven't been eaten by an alligator have you?

Amanda said...

WHERE ARE YOU RICE SPICE?!?!?!? WE MISS YOU!!!!

Anonymous said...

HEllO????? WHERE ARE YOU??????

Christi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Really? Have you decided to discontinue the blog or what?? Or does Florida internet not allow you to log into blogger???