Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Crazy in Alabama

This past weekend Matt and I flew into Birmingham, AL...yes, the little islander went to the heartland of cross burnings and church bombings (j/k). I actually think it's very beautiful out there with all the hills and mountains. One of my closest and dearest friends in the whole world Nathan officially entered his 30's on January 14th, so we flew out to celebrate.





The Trio celebrating Nate's 30th and his engagement announcement







Scott met us there along with a number of people I hadn't seen in ages. I loved seeing Nate's family again considering the last time they saw me I was still wearing my porn star highlights (as Nathan loved to call them). It was great getting to spend time with Scott as usual and FINALLY getting to meet Nathan's fiancee Susan who I had heard so much about - CONGRATS by the way on the engagement announcement! I'm so HAPPY for you two!!!!!






The lovely couple - Susan and Nathan













Matt and I take a break from the mix and mingle













Scott with the Panama City Beach Divas Ann and Kristin and Nathan's beautiful little sis Emily





A few things I learned on this trip:
-B'ham is f-ing colder than I remember
-Never get your hair shampooed and blow-dryed by a backwoods twink/Deliverence reject at a mall for a night on the town (I forgot my rolling brush/hairdryer combo and am not coordinated enough to use them as separate styling tools, so I had the bright idea of paying for someone to do it for me... bad idea!)
-Alabama barbecue at Johnny Ray's has beaten out many of the other barbecue establishments in ANY city that I've traveled...and that says A LOT!
-And, downtown Birmingham's homeless have even more tired pickup lines than those in Houston...lol

Also, I want to give a big thank you to Ann for the great pictures you see on this post!!!

And finally, I wanted to send a big CONGRATS to April and Lod...The two were married this past Saturday. I'm sorry that I couldn't be there to witness the beautiful event, but I'm extremely happy I got to speak to April on her wedding day to wish her the best! Lots of love and luck to you both!!!!

No comments: