Wednesday, January 18, 2006
The Countdown Begins
Ok, folks, I've got two weekends to get my apartment packed up and ready for the movers. For those unaware, I'm moving out of the good ole Camden Midtown Apartments after a story-filled, 3-year stint at the end of this month. Seeing that my rent at my shoebox is going up about $200 and I already spend way too much for what I have as it is, I couldn't justify paying so much more for a 660 sq ft place no matter how good the location is or moving into a smaller unit at my complex for more than my current rent. Therefore, I've decided to take a hiatus from paying rent altogether and make a pilgrimage back to my country roots of Channelview to Chez Lantaco. I figure what better way to pay off the rest of my debt and rebuild my practically nonexistent savings. It's a tough decision (not to mention a stab at my pride) but probably the smartest thing since I prefer my next move to be into my very own casa rather than another apartment...jeez, this trying to be responsible thing really sucks! And anyway, seeing that this whole "temporarily living with the parents to get ahead" thing is a craze going on with a number of my friends, I figure I'm just participating in the latest fad...hehe.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment