Friday was super busy after I got off work. Noodlette met me at Noodle's house to start the maniacal task of cooking and having everything done at a decent hour for dinnertime. After it was all said and done, we completed cooking the following: Dijon Baked Salmon, Garlic Pesto Chicken, Thyme-Roasted Potatoes, Roasted Asparagus and Shallots in Red Wine Vinegar, Green Bean Casserole, Rolls, and Pistachio Salad. Not to mention, we had lots of wine, liquor, and our very own margarita machine on the balcony to make all things even more entertaining.
We had a great dinner to coat our stomachs, and then the night progressed to absolute retardedness with the boys singing 80's tunes in the living room while everyone broke down in old 90's dance moves...let's just say it all started when someone played the song "Ice Ice, Baby". How is it we ALL know Vanilla's dance moves????
The rest of the weekend was basically recovery after Friday night. A few people went to another Christmas party on Saturday. Unfortunately, I had to do some work...however, I don't think my body could've gone through Round 2 anyway. Below, I've included some of the less incriminating photos.
My beautiful tablescape - yes, I had place cards for everyone's assigned seat at the table
The Kids' Table (aka The Singles' Table)
We had MUCH more fun at the Kids' Table than the other table! Don't Ask...I have no idea what started the napkin hat ordeal!
The boys and their shots...
The Ladies and their shots...
Having more fun than we should staying in!
I call this "Club Living Room" - It's the place to be!
My 90's throwback to doing the "kid'n'play"
I love hanging out with these people!
HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL!

3 comments:
I created my alter-ego just so I could add comments!! Just wanted to say THANKS for the wonderful dinner on Friday! I am loving the blog -- thanks for adding me, and keep 'em coming...
Well, looks as if you had loads of fun, Miss Party Hostess! Glad everything went well, your guests had fun and no one suffered from food poisoning or anything worse than the embarrasment of doing the Hammer and being caught on camera. :)
You guys look like you had fun! Next time I'm in town, you're throwing me a party just because...
Post a Comment